First, the purpose:
Encourage students with outstanding academic performance to go to overseas companies and institutions for internships, and fully expand the opportunities for young domestic students with development potential to participate in international exchanges and cooperation activities, in order to cultivate professionals with international vision and practical experience.
2. Project description:
- Learn to build a dream: Use international cooperation program channels to select and send students to foreign companies and institutions in non-New South-bound countries for workplace internships (excluding mainland China and Hong Kong and Macau). The recommended school arranges internship institutions and plans for internship fields by itself, enriches the internship courses, implements the integration of study and use, and strengthens career guidance.
- New Southbound Learning to Build Dreams: Select students to go to New Southbound countries (Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, Thailand, Myanmar, Philippines, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka) , New Zealand, Australia and other 18 countries.) Companies and institutions with potential for development will conduct workplace internships to cultivate domestic students to better understand the lifestyle and background of each country’s culture, which will help deepen the relationship and cooperation with each country in the future development of. Each school recommends up to 10 projects for applying for the New South to Learn to Build Dreams.
- The application is submitted by the project host. The project host should be a full-time teacher of the school, and a co-host may be hired. The co-host should be a full-time or part-time teacher of the school.
- Elective students:
- Those who have the nationality of the Republic of China and have household registration in Taiwan must study at this school for at least one semester when applying, excluding full-time students.
- Students from other schools must be selected for internships in foreign companies and institutions.
- Participating students should pass the professional and language proficiency conditions set by each project host.
- You should keep your school status during your professional internship abroad (not suspended or graduated). After the internship, you should return to the school to register. In case of violation of the regulations, the school will recover the full subsidy and return it to the Ministry of Education.
- Selected students are not allowed to apply for subsidies from the Ministry of Education's Xuehai Feiyang or Xuehai Cherish Pearl Project. (The same applicant, at the same education stage, is limited to one subsidy.)
- It is not allowed to receive other subsidies for going abroad provided by the ROC government at the same time.
- The host of each proposal plan is requested to fill in the application form in detail, and submit the application materials to the International and Cross-Strait Affairs Office before 17:00 on September 1st each year. Overtime will not be accepted.
- For the plans proposed by each department, the International Director will be the convener of this office to convene a meeting for review.
- Each professional internship plan is limited to the planned internship in a single country.
- The period of internship for the selected students in a foreign internship institution shall not be less than 30 days (not including transportation time for the round trip). However, for the intern in Indonesia, the period of internship at a foreign internship institution shall not be less than 25 days (excluding transportation time for the round trip).
- Selected students who do not have 30 days of internship abroad or 25 days of internship in Indonesia will not receive subsidies. Those who have received it shall be repaid in full. The school will recover the subsidy received in accordance with the regulations and return it to the Ministry of Education.
- For each internship program of Xuehai Zhumeng, the actual subsidy amount is determined by the school; for each internship program of Xinnan Xiang Xuehai Zhumeng, the actual subsidy amount is approved by the Ministry of Education. The subsidy per person should include at least one international round-trip economy class air ticket, and is limited to one time, and may also include living expenses, of which Xinnanxiang Xuehai’s living allowance can be up to two months. The living expenses of the selected students are based on the annual living expenses of the Ministry of Education "List of Public Expenditure Items and Expenses for Public Expenditure International Students".
- For each project, three or more students should be selected to go abroad for internship. If there are less than three, the project host will not be subsidized for international round-trip economy class air tickets and living expenses. The project host or co-host will receive subsidies. Only one person, the living expenses can not exceed 14 days, and the limit is before the end of the project period. The standard for the planning of the living expenses of the project host is based on the "Daily Expenses of Living Expenses for Persons Dispatched by the Central Government to Various Regions in Foreign Countries."
- The amount of subsidy for each selected student should include the subsidy from the Ministry of Education and the matching funds proposed by the school.
- The host of the project should contact the foreign internship agency in person, and may not use or entrust an agency to handle it.
- The host of the project should obtain the approval of the foreign internship organization, the school selects the student to go to the institution for internship consent or the copy of the cooperation contract and the school recommendation statement (it is necessary to indicate that the plan is not handled by or entrusted to an intermediary company, and the content of the implementation involves internship treatment, internship hours, visa types, insurance coverage and period, and it does meet the relevant laws and regulations of the local country and the labor conditions of the internship in the local country, if any Those who do not meet or violate the law will lose the qualification for subsidy).
- The project host and the selected students must sign the relevant administrative contract of the school before going abroad; the rights and obligations related to the internship abroad and returning to the country shall be handled in accordance with the content of the contract and relevant regulations.
- Those who receive the subsidy from the Xuehai series of the Ministry of Education, the same applicant and the same education stage, are limited to one subsidy. However, when there are surplus places and funds for different types of subsidy programs, the school may select students to be sent to different types of subsidy programs, except for this limit.
- Students who are selected to go abroad with the subsidy of this project may not receive other subsidies for going abroad provided by the Chinese government at the same time.
- The host of the subsidized project should register the basic information of participating foreign internship members on this project information website two weeks before the selected students are sent abroad for internship.
- The selected students and the host of the program should upload a questionnaire and a 1,000-word experience (achievement) report within two weeks after the end of the overseas internship program period, and submit the internship experience sharing video approved by the foreign internship organization (Each experience needs to have more than four photos, and the short film is based on the principle of three minutes).
- The host of the project should provide internship assistance and related counseling, and co-organize an internship experience sharing symposium after the selected students return home.